NTP problem - Clock too fast for NTP to keep up?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Feb 11 01:08:20 UTC 2005

On Thursday 10 February 2005 17:47, Peter Kiem wrote:
>>>There is also a cpuspeed ticked on in ntsysv so could that be an
>>>issue?
>>
>> Its a possibility, can you turn it off?  OTOH, I'd certainly think
>> that if it was being called, it would be shown to be loaded
>> according to an lsmod.  But I'd still turn it off and reboot just
>> to check.
>
>Disabled it and rebooted but it didn't make a difference :(

Thats what I was araid of.  JoAnne talked me into turning off the apic
in my kernel, and handheld me into getting ntp to run (I think) and
I've set my tickadj back to the default of 10000, but I think thats
going to have to come down, its a couple of seconds ahead of my watch
in about 20 minutes.

Do you have apic on in your kernel build?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)