how can I override passwd?

Alexander Spanke aspanke at hpce.nec.com
Fri Feb 11 14:41:16 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 08:37 -0600, STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) wrote:
> This topic brings up the question.  Are strong passwords turned
> on by default in FC3.  I am upgrading an isolated
> machine from FC2 to FC3.   Can I leave strong passwords and
> or password expiration off on this box.

Hmm, how isolated is your machine ? I mean, a complete isolated system,
which is not connected to any network and only accesable for you doesn't
need any password, right ?
As soon you have any kind of connection and/or physical situation, where
other people could come in touch with this system, I think strong
passwords and so on are necessary.

Cheers
 Alex

> Where there is a wire, there is a way.

Alexander Spanke                         System Analyst
      NEC High Performance Computing Europe GmbH
Prinzenallee 11            D-40549 Duesseldorf, Germany
Tel:    +49 211 5369 146           aspanke at hpce.nec.com
Fax:    +49 211 5369 199        http://www.hpce.nec.com