FC1 multiple ethernet interface issue

Deron Meranda deron.meranda at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 00:09:49 UTC 2005

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:37:08 -0500, David Benigni <dbenigni at lutron.com> wrote:
> ...in FC1...
> eth0 and eth1 are in the same subnet and are two separate onboard
> nic's.  Eth0 comes up on boot, eth1 is manual.
> If I take down eth1 via ifdown eth1 it seems like the route
> is mangled, or at least the gateway is removed.  I have no confirmed
> the route tables being modified, but it is reproducible.

What exactly do you mean by on the "same subnet".  On the same
physical network?  Are you dual subnetting (running two different
subnet address blocks on the same physicial link)?  Or are you really
running the same subnet and trying to split traffic across both cards?

Perhaps just the output of these files will help:

As well as any other advanced settings you may have made,
especially routing-related settings.

Also try running this command
   /sbin/ip route list
both before and after you take down eth1.
--
Deron Meranda