Need help tweaking /proc/sys/vm/* files - FC3/SELinux/udev

Paul M. Bucalo pmbuc at pmbservices.com
Sat Feb 12 01:22:25 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 19:41 -0500, Deron Meranda wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:04:03 -0500, Paul M. Bucalo
> <pmbuc at pmbservices.com> wrote:
> > My research so far on the Web shows references
> > to /usr/src/linux/Documentation/filesystems/proc.txt, but this doesn't
> > exist in my environment. I suspect because I don't have the kernel
> > source installed.
>
> Just so you know, there used to be a "kernel-sourcecode" package,
> but that has been dropped in favor of just the plain kernel*.src.rpm
> source package.  Certainly you can find the documents in there,
> but it's not very convienient if you're just after documentation.

I was made aware of this. Progress, I guess. :0/

> But there is also a kernel-doc package which you can easily install.
>
>    yum install kernel-doc
>
> You'll then find that document and more under the directory,
>
>   /usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-2.6.10/Documentation
>
> (or whatever kernel version you have).

Thank, Deron. That's a lot of help. A list member already pointed to me
to an on-line mirror of the Documentation tree, so I was able to look
through the proc.txt file. Skimpy, but I guess it's a start. I'm still
better off for having the document local, though. I appreciate the info.

Paul