Creating Bootable Fedora CD to install

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 06:37:39 UTC 2005

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 22:46:43 -0700, John J Kerwin III
<jjkerwin3 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I have dual boot pc with XP and Redhat 7.5, I want to upgrade the Redhat to
> the latest version of Fedora.  So I down loaded three files,
> yarrow-x86_64-disc1.iso, disc2, & disc3, and burn them to CDs, but I could
> not boot from disk1.  What step or steps am I missing in creating these CDs
> that is stopping me from making them bootable?

I thought you said you wanted to upgrade to the LATEST version of
Fedora. Fedora Core 3's release name is Heidelberg. Yarrow is an old
release.

As for questions about burning CD's, check the archives of this
mailing list. The problem you are having is asked on this list every
few days and I'm sure you can find several answers in the archives
that will help you out.

Here is some information:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/fester/download-fc3_1.html
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/e-smith/docs/howto/CD_burning_howto.php3