Mounting USB & XP

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Sat Feb 12 10:06:10 UTC 2005

On Saturday 12 February 2005 07:42, Chethiya Ranaweera wrote:
> Hello,
> I have 2 questions.
>
> 1) How do u mount a usb thumb drive in fc3?
>
> 2) I have a fc3 partion and an XP partion. How can I mount the xp partion
> on fc3 forever?
>
> Thanks,
> A newbie

You must install the kernel-ntfs-module and then add an entry to
your /etc/fstab which should look something like this,

/dev/hda3               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
//windowspcname/sharename /mount/point ntfs  users,rw,credenrtials=/file/name

the credentials file sould look like this

username=username
password=password

Chadley Wilson
Redhat Certified Technician