Grub install broken after kernel update

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sat Feb 12 14:22:10 UTC 2005

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 06:55:18PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> HI
>

> > Syslinux and LILO may be feature poor, but they were
> > easy to use and reliable.
>
> grub has no reliability concerns really. your problem may not been
> even related to it. if you think its a grub bug then file a bug
> report.
>

> > Any chance FC4 will reinstate LILO as an optional boot
> > loader?

I missed the original question but if you are having a problem with
grub-install (although I am not sure why you ned to do that after
installing a new kernel ) ttry this instead of grub install:
grub
grub> root (hd0,0)
grub> setup (hd0)
grub> quit

Of course change the hd0 clauses as needed.

"You who hate the Jews so, why did you adopt their religion?"
-- Friedrich Nietzsche, addressing anti-semitic Christians
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.