multisession cd's, k3b errors

zoe at purdue.edu zoe at purdue.edu
Sat Feb 12 14:52:36 UTC 2005

Hey again,

a couple quick questions...

1. Is FC3 capable of reading multisession cd's?  I don't have a flashdrive, so
instead I carry a cd-r around with me and burn sessions to it whenever I need
to.  The draw back is that I have to copy everything from the current session
and include it with whatever new files I burn to any additional sessions.  I
know that Mac OS X will mount each session as a different volume and display
them all on the desktop, so it seems like this should be possible somhow in
linux too.

2.  Twice now I have used k3b to burn a data DVD which, despite a seemingly
flawless burn (no errors or warnings), will not mount under FC3 (they are
recognized as blank media, and the CD/DVD creator window opens) but will mount
under windows.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I've toyed with the mount
command  and have had no luck.  Any idea what might cause this or how it might
be avoided in the future?

3.  I like the ability to customize key commands in Gnome (I think the control
panel is called 'customize keyboard shorcuts' or something), although I feel
like the list is maybe incomplete.  That is I would rather have the option of
oppening an xterm window than opening the default email client or the web
browser.  Is there some way to add actions to the list?

thanks,
-zoe