Mozilla throws me out

Gerald Thompson geraldlt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 01:02:20 UTC 2005

Kumara wrote:

> Hi List!
>
> if there is a pop up or it needs a player to play contents of web,
> (when I click the link ex; a radio in the web), Mozilla terminates
> itself. throwing me out. what should I do,
> I have real and xine installed.
> thanks
> Mohan

1. xine does not have a plugin for mozilla
2. Real Player can only play certain formats, real media, mp3, and ogg
if you have the Helix codec installed.
3.  for most non-real player formats, windows media, quicktime, etc..
you will need mplayer
- you can get mplayer from livna or dag, you will also want to install
the libquicktime
- you might also want to snag the rpm that has extra codec files on it,
there are some proprietary parts of win media and quicktime that may not
play properly unless you have some of the codec files placed in the
correct directory.
- check out the mplayer web site for more info.

Gerald