Upgrade and LVM

Kevin Wentland kevin.wentland at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 02:14:06 UTC 2005

I am currently am running FC1 but would like to upgrade to FC3

I normally just do a fresh install when upgrading distros, but there
is one thing that is giving me reservations on doing this.

I currently have two hard drives in the system, part of the first
drive and all of the second drive are part of a LVM volume group.

I mount this volume group as /video it contains all of my MythTV recordings.

Normally on a fresh install I would just tell the install not to
format say /home and /opt but everything else.

Can I do a fresh install of FC3 and do the same thing with my volume group.

Thanks in advance.

I will hang up and listen to your answer.