TurboTax - Linux?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 13 05:04:28 UTC 2005

Pete Schmitt wrote:
> I used TaxAct last year and really like it.  It's both web based and PC-based.
> Since I'm a UNIX bigot, I used the web-based version.  It also remembers you
> from year to year.   It can be found here:  http://www.taxact.com/
>

> On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 08:25:36PM -0500, Steven Pasternak wrote:
>
>>This is really out of the blue, but if I use linux and want to do taxes with
>>my computer with something like turbotax, does it work with wine? Is there a
>>linux equivilant for it? Like I said, this is REALLY random. Thanks!

Sadly, folks, I don't trust putting information like this on the web.  I
would like a full blown version of TurboTax for Linux.  I like the
availability to have access to Electronic Filing.  Sadly, this requires
me to run either a Mac or to run Windows.  This is the LAST application
I need to rid my system of the Windows Virus.
--
James McKenzie