machine set to "auto-shutdown"?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 13 05:34:11 UTC 2005

jay wrote:
> I am running Fedora Core 3 on a desktop machine for a while now.  The
> only problem that I seem to be having is that after it has been idle for
> a while the machine shuts down by itself.  Usually the screen saver will
> kick in and be on for a while and then the machine will just shut down.
> Other times I am working on the machine and it just shuts down.  I am
> not seeing an error message and the machine starts back up just fine
> without going through any of the "the machine was shut down improperly"
> stuff.
>
> Is that enough information for anyone to help?

Yes.  First check the settings on the Advanced tab for Preferences ->
Screensaver.  There is the option in Power Management to power down your
system as one of the settings.
Second, check your system's BIOS to see if there is a similar setting.
Where this is located varies by system.

This should solve the mysterious system powering itself off.
--
James McKenzie