LVM, resize /, & FC3 defaults

Johnathan Bailes johnathan.bailes at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 05:37:22 UTC 2005

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 23:36:49 -0500, Jim Cornette
<fc-cornette at insight.rr.com> wrote:

> This explanation lowers my fear about managing an lvm volume. Earlier
> explanations seemed to make dealing with the lvm volumes seem to be a
> complicated task. It still seems more complicated than dealing with
> fdisk and setting up partitions. Then again, fdisk was something that
> took some reading, familiarization, etc.
>
> Jim
>
> --
> "I admit I've done too much playing around without understanding
>   the issues involved over the last years as well, but it's time
>   to stop reinventing the (sometimes octangular) wheel and learn
>   everything from history which we can learn."

I also liked this article though the explanation given to you by
Felipe was quite complete.

http://www.freeos.com/articles/3921/

You even have the luck of getting to skip down past all the compile
stuff.  The Intro and the Use it sections helped me the first time I
had to do this.