Mounting a USB Web Camera

Johnathan Bailes johnathan.bailes at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 05:40:33 UTC 2005

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 23:40:32 -0500, Chet Ranaweera
<ckranaweera at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a USB web camera. Does anybody know how to mount it?
>
> --

Got to love udev and all the new stuff man.

Why?

Because you should NOT have to mount it.

Sit back at your desktop and plug in your camera and wait about 5 to
10 seconds and it should mount up as a usb storage device and gthumb
will pop up and even ask if you want to Import your pictures.

Btw, I said yes and damn thing just launched ghtumb but did not pull
the pictures off the camera to my Pictures directory.  But it was
pretty easy to Select All and drag them off into the Pictures folder.