Weekly "How do I unsubscribe" Message

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 13 05:49:27 UTC 2005

Due to the request of the list and as a service to the list, here is a
greatly expanded 'How Do I Get Off of This List Message'.  I apologize
in advance and hope to reduce the number of messages, soon.
Note:  How to unsubscribe from the list is at the bottom of non-digest
messages and at the top of digested messages.

>     http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
>
> (Note: in order to do any changes on this web page, a login is required and must
> be the address you currently use for the list and your password.)
>
> or, via email, send a message with the appropriate command in the subject and/or body
> of your message to
>     fedora-list-request at redhat.com
>
> The following commands are valid as of 02/12/2005 and were the result of asking for help:
>
>     confirm <confirmation-string>
>         Confirm an action.  The confirmation-string is required and should be
>         supplied by a mailback confirmation notice.
>
>     end
>         Stop processing commands.  Use this if your mail program automatically
>         adds a signature file.
>
>     help
>         Request the help message for the list.
>
>     info
>         Get information about the mailing list.
>
>     lists
>         See a list of the public mailing lists on the Redhat Fedora mail server.
>
>     password [<oldpassword> <newpassword>] [address=<address>]
>         Retrieve or change your password.  With no arguments, this returns
>         your current password.  With arguments <oldpassword> and <newpassword>
>         you can change your password.
>
>         If you're posting from an address other than your membership address,
>         specify your membership address with `address=<address>' (no brackets
>         around the email address, and no quotes!).  Note that in any case the
>         response is always sent to the subscribed address.
>
>     set ...
>         Set or view your membership options.
>
>         Use `set help' (without the quotes) to get a more detailed list of the
>         options you can change.
>
>         Use `set show' (without the quotes) to view your current option
>         settings.
>
>     subscribe [password] [digest|nodigest] [address=<address>]
>         Subscribe to this mailing list.  Your password must be given to
>         unsubscribe or change your options, but if you omit the password, one
>         will be generated for you.  You may be periodically reminded of your
>         password.
>
> (Note:  The password selected will be mailed to the email you used to subscribe from.
> A confirmation request will be sent to the address in this request and must be responded
> to or else you will not be subscribed to any of the lists.)
>
>         The next argument may be either: `nodigest' or `digest' (no quotes!).
>         If you wish to subscribe an address other than the address you sent
>         this request from, you may specify `address=<address>' (no brackets
>         around the email address, and no quotes!)
>
>     unsubscribe [password] [address=<address>]
>         Unsubscribe from the mailing list.  If given, your password must match
>         your current password.  If omitted, a confirmation email will be sent
>         to the unsubscribing address. If you wish to unsubscribe an address
>         other than the address you sent this request from, you may specify
> [...]
Thank you.
--
James McKenzie