Logitech ClickSmart 510 won't mount

Paul M. Bucalo pmbuc at pmbservices.com
Sun Feb 13 12:37:33 UTC 2005

I have a Logitech ClickSmart 510 USB camera that will not mount on
FC3/SELinux/udev. My Handspring Visor and Espon CX-5400 printer work
fine.

When I plug it in or let the laptop bootup with it attached, the green
active light on the camera (and indication that a link has been made
with it) does come on moments after found. A cat
of /proc/bus/usb/devices shows that the camera is being found. This
camera is *not* supported in xcam or gphoto2. It will only work in
GnomeMeeting as a webcam using the experimental spca5xx driver.

I've tried to mount it manually. There is a device node (video0) and
symlink (video) in /dev, but I can't seem to mount to either. Not sure
that I have the syntax right. Still, the mystical udev is suppose to
make this a hands-off mount.

Information on this camera is sparse. Search results were pretty bare.

I need the wewbcam ability, so the camera is already a success. But, it
would be better if I could mount it as a storage device and copy off the
pics, too. I really don't need to have GUI access to the camera's memory
device.

Any ideas on what I have to tweak or do to get this thing mounted?

TIA,

Paul