Media Players

M.Clasen m.clasen at freenet.de
Sun Feb 13 14:39:23 UTC 2005

for mp3 i use xmms with mpg123
for video (mpeg,divx,..) i use mplayer and xine as gui

this combination runs fine for years here.
before i find xine, i use VLC (VideoLanClient) for video, what is a good
choice, too.

with the rest i got not so good experiences, what relays on my self, not
on the programs. If i read more of "the fucking docs", i`m sure, all
other programs will work more or less fine :)

If you nativley use Fedora, you should use the supported Tools and
support them by yourself, with reflecting your problems on them, so the
developers can make the recommendet changes, so that Fedora will be a
nice Multiomedia Plattform in the Future.

I thing, the Fedora-Concept konficts with i.e. mp3 format, because the
licensing-models, isnt it ?...same as ntfs, or ?
i`m not sure about that...have to read more damn docs, lol..