TurboTax - Linux?

Randy Kelsoe randykel at swbell.net
Sun Feb 13 16:40:02 UTC 2005

Chris Jones wrote:

> Not that it may matter to most people on this list, but Intuit UK
> appear to have some financial problems - they have dumped Quicken for
> Winbloze, as well as TaxCalc with immediate effect, despite the fact
> that they only bought TaxCalc from the Consumers Association last
> summer. That only leaves Micro$haft's Money as a reasonable personal
> finance package within the UK. Looks like GnuCash have an opportunity
> to help OpenSource community to take on the UK personal finance
> market, if only the product would connect to the London Stock Exchange
> prices, I would willingly dump M$ completely.

This is off topic from the original posting, but you might want to check
out Moneydance, which is java based and runs under linux:

    http://www.moneydance.com/

I have not tried to track stocks with it, but it does mention:

    "Moneydance can bring your investments into focus with support for
tracking stocks, bonds, CDs, mutual funds, and more."

I also don't know if it will interface with the London Stock Exchange or
not.