FC3 traffic can't get thru firewall

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Sun Feb 13 17:05:43 UTC 2005

Bill Gradwohl wrote:

> I even moved the IP address of bigboy around to several other private
> addresses, and cleared the ARP caches involved to see if it was
> firewall rule related, and no matter what IP I put bigboy on its
> always the same thing. Traffic hits the public side of the firewall
> and disappears.
>
> I've got ipv6 and Window scaling turned off on the FC3 box.
>
> Any ideas?

Gonna take a long shot here... Check on /proc/sys/net/ipv4 if tcp_ecn is
enabled. Some routers silently drop packets if the ECN bit is set...
maybe your router is one of those...
Also , do a tcpdump when trying to connect from bigboy to an external
webserver. This way you will know if the data is going through the
firewall.. if it is , the next step is trying to check the router , as
it is the most probable cause...

--
Pedro Macedo