How to get KDE system WITHOUT Gnome Defaults

Dave fedora-user at nospam.dnsalias.org
Sun Feb 13 17:43:31 UTC 2005

On Saturday 12 February 2005 10:21 pm, David Curry wrote:
> Dave wrote:
> >Is there any (simple) way to tell FC3 that I want all the default
> > application handlers to be the KDE programs, not the Gnome ones? I'm sick

> In FC2, Dave, at the logon screen one may choose the type of desktop one
> wants to run by clicking on the word "session" at the bottom of the
> screen and then choosing the desktop if more than one desktop has been
> installed on the system.  After reading your message, I logged off of my
> Gnome desktop session, selected KDE desktop session, logged back on to
> the system, launched Konqueror, pointed the browser at /etc, and double
> clicked on a .conf file.   Kwrite opened displaying the .conf file so
> Kwrite is the designated default helper app in the browser.  I expect
> KDE apps are the default apps throughout that desktop.

I'm running FC3. My default desktop is KDE--not by choosing each session when
I login, but by changing the default. Nevertheless, the default association
for Text/Plain, for example, is Gedit. The default association for jpeg is
gnome-eog. Is there any way, aside from going through each and every
association and manually fixing it, to tell FC3 I was serious when I said I
wanted KDE?