Mounting a USB Web Camera

Chet Ranaweera ckranaweera at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 18:49:23 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 19:22:28 +0100, Gérard Milmeister <gemi at bluewin.ch> wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 18:15 +0000, Laurence wrote:
> > On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 00:40 -0500, Johnathan Bailes wrote:
> > > >
> Is your cam a storage device. I have a Logitech Sphere, the module pwc
> is automatically loaded and a /dev/video1 is created (I have a TV card
> on /dev/video0). Then I can use such programs as camorama to view
> the input from the camera (motion is another fine program).
> --
> Gérard Milmeister
> Langackerstrasse 49
> CH-8057 Zürich
>
> --
Well, I have a USB webcam. It is made by Logitech. When I browse for
hardware I can see a video capturing device listed. But it is marked
as unknown and no drivers are listed also. I checked the logitech web
site but they do not have drivers for linux. What are my options to
get this thing to work??