sendmail modification needed for mimedefang to work FC2

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Feb 13 19:39:53 UTC 2005

Am So, den 13.02.2005 schrieb Julian Underwood um 19:25:

> Well it's not working--perhaps you can enlighten me.  I believe everything
> is installed correctly (sendmail, mimedefang and spamassassin).  This is
> what I have done--I've added:
>
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
> `S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, F=T, T=S:1m;R:1m')

Looks correct.

> to my sendmail.mc file (mimedefang.sock doesn't exist, I don't know if
> this is an issue or not) then ran:

The socket file is created by the MimeDefang start. If even after this
service start no socket is created, your MimeDefang is no ok then.

> m4 sendmail.mc > sendmail.cf

sendmail-cf RPM is installed?

> I then restarted both sendmail and mimedefang services.  Everything starts
> fine, or at least it says it does.  I cannot send or recieve e-mail after
> these modifications (or more specifically, after the sendmail
> modification.)

Start MimeDefang before you start Sendmail.

Basic: read the /var/log/maillog. Without log entries it is hard to say
something specific.

> ideas as to what I'm missing?  Mimedefang is version 2.49 installed from
> source--which installed without error.

MimeDefang 2.51 is current. It fixes a theoretical vulnerability of
prior versions.

> Julian

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.10-1.9_FC2smp
Serendipity 20:34:29 up 16 days, 22:04, load average: 0.81, 1.08, 1.19