Install FC3 on SATA (ASRock P4V88 - Chipset VIA 8237)

s0undt3ch no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org
Sun Feb 13 19:55:54 UTC 2005

I'm trying to install FC3 on a ASRock motherboard which supports SATA RAID(with VIA chipset 8237), P4 @ 2.8 GHz with 1 Gig RAM, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, 2x120 Maxtor Gig(PATA), 1x Seagate 160Gig(SATA), GeForce 5200FX.

Upon instalation I see anaconda load a sata_via driver, but my sata HD isn't displayed, only my 2 PATA's.

Someone said to disable RAID on BIOS but I have no such option, so I guess I'll have to do it with a RAID0 with one disk, makes sence?

Now, how can I do that?

Will I have to load an aditional driver?
Which? Co's ASRock only provides driver for M$...

Please help me solve this!

On the PATA's I have a working XP Pro instalation, which can't be delete until I make FC3 run to clean them up.

HELP!!!!

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org