IMAP Mail Moving

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Sun Feb 13 22:31:47 UTC 2005

On Sunday 13 February 2005 22:25, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> Why can't you just filter email with your email client?  I do this with
> Evolution, and have been doing it for as long as I can remember with
> just about every email client I've ever used.
>
> I must be missing something on this.
Because then you have to configure the same filters on every mail client you
use - if it is done once on the server, it's the same for all clients.
for example: I have my own mailservers, but access them using several clients:
work laptop, webmail, personal desktop. One set of filters is better than 3.
And besides - not all mail clients will let you filter on remote IMAP folders.

--
Stuart Sears RHCE, RHCX, RTFM, ASAP
Let's organize this thing and take all the fun out of it.