Netgear Wireless Card

Johnathan Bailes johnathan.bailes at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 22:40:09 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:35:10 -0600, Mike Sutton <Mike.Sutton at noaa.gov> wrote:
> I am spinning up a desktop computer and would like to use a Netgear
> WG311 Wireless Network Adapter to link to the Internet.  I checked the
> redhat.com and fedora web sites, and did a search of this lists'
> archives, but never saw anything on the Netgear WG311 adapter and
> Fedora.  Does anyone have experience using this piece of hardware with
> Fedora Core 2 or 3?  I would like to know before I spend the cash on
> the adapter.
>
> Thanks,
> ms

No official support, do a google on the madwifi driver and the word
sourceforge.  There is a driver that works with it.  I know because I
am using it.  The pain is that if you use such a card you will need to
recompile this driver every time you get a new kernel.

It works fine for me but I was a silly bugger and did not bother
asking unlike you who seems to be getting his ducks in a row before
making a purchase.

Do a search on the archives of this list.  Someone just asked about
wireless support and what card was best just recently.