Linux sucks?

Kunal Shah kunalv.shah at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 23:21:05 UTC 2005

Yes.

I am not trying to be biased but i was quit impress with the tools and
SLA Microsoft has. And they solved our problem.

When initially the did not find what is going wrong, they went to
kernel level and solved it. I personally talked with a person who
contributed in designing some part of windows 2000 server kernels.

I know people having same skill set with Linux are there. If i get the
same problem in Linux, some one from Kernel mailing list or bug
tracker will help me to resolve the issue. But as i mentioned, what
about SLA. do i have any SLA for this ? when the problem is going to
get resolved ?

I am neither opposed to linux as open source nor i am impressed with
Microsoft Support.

We are in infrastructure support for one of the bigest financial
institutes in world and we need SLA and that is the main reason we are
not going for Linux. that is the main show stoper.

Is linux community working to come over this weakness?