Linux sucks?

Paul subsolar at subsolar.org
Mon Feb 14 00:25:42 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 18:36 -0500, Kunal Shah wrote:
> For Microsoft, they have policy, if it's the problem of Microsoft, they wont
> charge you. If its problem of your application, they will charge you
> heavily.

Hmmm well I've never been able to get MS to support issues I've had with
W2K, they have always pointed their finger at a 3rd party driver or tool
and I've had to chase the problem with them.

Of course we have never had anything other than what Joe random gets
when they buy Windows retail for support.

> As I said, we could never go in production with Linux.

Sure you can ... plenty of financial companies are using Linux in
production to run their applications ... they are just using a
commercial version.   Talk to IBM if you really want hand holding as
they are more than willing to walk you though the migration and provide
support (or Novell for that matter).

Paul