Linux sucks?

Johnathan Bailes johnathan.bailes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 01:11:37 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 18:36:23 -0500, Kunal Shah <kunalv.shah at gmail.com> wrote:
> For Microsoft, they have policy, if it's the problem of Microsoft, they wont
> charge you. If its problem of your application, they will charge you
> heavily.

I have worked in *Nix houses but started in a complete MS world.

First,  when in the hell have you ever gotten free support because
Microsoft admitted it was their problem?

It happened to me once, man, ever.

MS SQL server due to a bug completely re-arranged a ton of data used
for remote distribution of files and data to sales people remotely
dialing in via modem from the field.  This was a looooong time ago.

Oh yeah I worked there for years and years and that was the only time, ever.

Second, the part you seem to be ignoring, glossing past or just
choosing to not acknowledge because you are trolling, not sure which
is ...

Both Novell/Suse and Redhat will support you to your heart's content
on their enterprise products.

You can pay for support just like you do for Microsoft.

So what is your arguement for not considering Linux again?