Linux sucks?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Feb 14 01:42:19 UTC 2005

On 02/13/2005 03:36:23 PM, Kunal Shah wrote:
> For Microsoft, they have policy, if it's the problem of Microsoft,
> they wont
> charge you. If its problem of your application, they will charge you
> heavily.

Maybe corporate - WITH a support contract.
A few years back - building a PC for a friend with Windows ME - full
retail because she wanted the 3 free calls to MS.

It would not install. I called MS - turns out the boot floppy they had
packaged was for the wrong OS, it was a problem they knew about - why
the CD wasn't bootable is beyond me, but it wasn't. Anyway - I had to
argue with a support representative and talk to a manager to not get
that charged as one of the 3 support requests that came with the OS.

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/