sendmail modification needed for mimedefang to work FC2

Julian Underwood mailings at underwoods.net
Mon Feb 14 02:38:28 UTC 2005

> Start MimeDefang before you start Sendmail.
>
> Basic: read the /var/log/maillog. Without log entries it is hard to say
> something specific.

Yeah, Basic.  The maillog told me that there was a problem with mimedefang
and clamd scanning the messages.  I guess due to that, spamassassin wasn't
doing it's job either.  Basically I edited /etc/clamd.conf and changed the
User value to defang.  I added LocalSocket
/var/spool/MIMEDefang/clamd.sock and commented out TCPSocket 3310.  Works
now.  Hopefully this didn't break anything else in the process.

> MimeDefang 2.51 is current. It fixes a theoretical vulnerability of
> prior versions.

I installed the latest version of MimeDefang also.  I'm now searching for
an easy way to stuff all spam messages into a desired mailbox, and so the
reciepient doesn't see them.  Thanks for your help.

Julian