Netgear Wireless card.

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Feb 14 03:31:39 UTC 2005

On 02/13/2005 12:22:25 PM, Juan Pablo Claude wrote:
> Dear Mike:
>
> 	I have a Netgear WG311T wireless card. I was using it with FC2
> to connect to my Apple AirPort Express network (I am mainly a Mac
> guy). The driver I was u7sing is called madwifi, and you can get it
> from madwifi.sourceforge.net. From there, the easiest is to get the
> CVS snapshot as a tar archive and expand it in your home directory.
> There you have to compile it and install the module. It is still a
> beta version but it works pretty well. The README file had all the
> information to configure and compile the driver. After you are done,
> just load it with modprobe ath_pci. I am currently upgrading to FC3
> so I still don't know how it works there.
>
> I hope this helps.

Yes - I will be using madwifi myself soon, there is a src.rpm for it
that allegedly works with fc3 at
http://pipiche.free.fr/Downloads/Fedora/SRPMS/

(link at bottom seems to be newest)

I thin atrpms also has it, but I looked at their spec file and did not
like it - uses too many macros that are not standard to Fedora rpm. I
can read and understand exactly what the src.rpm at the above link
does, and build it w/o needing to have special macros defined - meaning
I can update it from cvs myself if need be.

Looks like it uses a binary only portion that kernel taints due to a
FCC regulation - so we'll probably never see it in Fedora Core, unless
there is a way to separate out the binary part from the kernel module
so that it no longer taints the kernel. But I don't know if that is
possible.

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/