Linux sucks

Johnathan Bailes johnathan.bailes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 03:47:43 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:11:45 -0500, Kunal Shah <kunalv.shah at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dont know about small business and individual user. As I said, usally
> we dont pay much attaintion if we dont have things get done for
> individual user. However for big corporate, this is the stretegy from
> microsoft.
>
> Regarding the response, i must say i was impress. That person was
> knowing everything about how should a system / kernel behave in what
> kind of situation.
>
> Anyways, point of discussion is not how MS support is better then
> Linux support or visaversa. Point of discussion is what is the reason
> Linux is not that much impressive in huge organization ( i know linux
> is widely being used in boing and some of the big organization), but
> that is the question i am always being asked - on the support.

Once again ad nausem what is wrong with RH support?  Or even Suse
support for that matter even if I happen to personally dislike the
distro?

You speak as if community distros are the only ones available but you
have support from a company like RedHat that has gotten a great deal
of attention for driving to the corporate market plus you have a
company like Suse that is backed by Novell for goodness sakes.

Have you even examined these options?

I have worked so far for three really huge corporations and in all of
those environments Linux was in use all over those organizations.

For one business unit primarily doing Unix development for both linux
and Solaris we even got the go ahead for linux desktop implementation
for the systems/network and programming staff.

You have options for corporate level support.  The key is whether or
not you have really examined these and why are pushing this bit of
tired old FUD about that has not been applicable since the advent of
corporate distros.