eth0 and camera (serial port) configuration in FC3

Jeff Trefftzs trefftzs at tcsn.net
Mon Feb 14 05:47:16 UTC 2005

Hi all -
serial camera
I have just upgraded from RH 9 to FC 3 and gotten most of my stuff
working with two notable exceptions:  I cannot seem to get my local
network working again (eth0 - the latest problem is it can't find an IP
address), nor can I get access to my serial port digital camera.  gthumb
lets me try to configure it, but I keep seeing the message "Can't
activate camera".

I expect it's something relatively simple -- possibly in my lack of
understanding of the new udev device handling.  Can somebody please walk
me through the steps needed to configure and activate my ethernet
connection and the same for the serial port for the camera?  Both worked
just fine under RH 9.

Thanks in advance,

--
Jeff