gtk2+

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon Feb 14 06:01:15 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 22:23 -0700, Ian Johnson wrote:
> I am trying to install some programs but get errors when running
> configure - saying the gtk+-2 versions >= 2.4 are requires.  Fedora Core
> 3 uses version 1.2.
>
> Is it possible to upgrade to the 2.x version?  If so would it be
> incredibly foolhardy to do so? And what version of GTK+ will FC4
> include.

what program are you installing?
FC3 has both gtk+ and gtk2 (gtk2 is gtk+ version 2)

[root at goliath ~]# rpm -qa | grep gtk
pygtk2-libglade-2.4.0-1
pygtk2-devel-2.4.0-1
authconfig-gtk-4.6.5-3.1
gtk+-1.2.10-33
aiksaurus-gtk-1.2.1-2
gtk-doc-1.2-2
gtksourceview-1.1.0-4.fc3
pygtk2-2.4.0-1
gtkspell-2.0.7-2
gtk2-engines-2.2.0-6
xmms-gtk-playlist-2.0-0.1.fc3.rf
gtk2-2.4.14-2.fc3
gtk2-devel-2.4.14-2.fc3
gtkhtml2-2.6.2-1
gtkhtml3-3.3.2-3
gtkhtml-1.1.9-10
gnome-python2-gtkhtml2-2.6.0-3
usermode-gtk-1.74-1
gtk-engines-0.12-5
gtk+-devel-1.2.10-33

Sometimes the spec files for packages reflect the names differently so
you may need to be careful where you get the package, or do an rpm
package build yourself after editing the spec file.