Netgear Wireless Card

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Feb 14 06:24:21 UTC 2005

On 02/13/2005 02:40:09 PM, Johnathan Bailes wrote:

> No official support, do a google on the madwifi driver and the word
> sourceforge.  There is a driver that works with it.  I know because I
> am using it.  The pain is that if you use such a card you will need
> recompile this driver every time you get a new kernel.
>
> It works fine for me but I was a silly bugger and did not bother
> asking unlike you who seems to be getting his ducks in a row before
> making a purchase.
>
> Do a search on the archives of this list.  Someone just asked about
> wireless support and what card was best just recently.

I'm not sure if the offer is still going on - but CompUSA was selling
AT&T Plug&Share 6500G (a pci card, for desktops) for $13.00 (web order
only) - it's a 802.11g card (54Mbps - well, theoretically 54Mbps ...)
and it works with madwifi.

Don't know if they have the pcmcia card on sale as well.

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/