How to recover from invalid inittab file?

David Le davidcle at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 14:48:58 UTC 2005

Dear Linux gurus,

I'm new to Fedora at system level and encountered the
following problem with inittab file:
When I was as root, I accidentally copied the inittab
file, which is for my target hardware, over the
innittab file of my host PC running Fedora Core 1.
Now after I re-boot my PC, it stops at the following
messages:
          inittab: missing field
          Enter run level:

-How can I recover completely from my invalid inittab
file?
-What should I do to recover from this scenario?
-Or I have to re-install FC 1?

Some other questions about FC2:
-Is FC2 stable enough to use as an development
environment?
-What kernel version of FC2?
-Where is the easiest way to get FC2 package for
installation?

Thanks very much for your help.

--david le.