Linux-On-IBM (was: Linux sucks?)

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Mon Feb 14 15:45:02 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 08:40 -0700, James Mckenzie wrote:

> And in fact IBM provides Linux as one of the supported OSes on many of
> the new Power5 servers and supporting hardware.  Commercial versions are
> available and doing well.
>
> -----James' Reply-----
>
> And they supply Linux on their fine line of Thinkpad laptops in Europe.  I'm still waiting for them to bring it to the United States.  (If I'm wrong on either count, e-mail me OFF LIST and I will retract this statement in the list.)

    I've been reading a lot about this; it's an extremely clever
strategic move....and we're all the beneficiaries. And when it comes to
server machines, their low-end stuff is reasonable.

    Has anyone gotten the chance to see one of these beasties up-close?

Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ: 5119262                                          AIM: WheelDweller