SMTP AUTH failing

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Feb 14 15:56:55 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 14.02.2005 schrieb Steven Stern um 14:11:

> Part 2:  I entered testuser1 at sterndata.com as the login address for
> Thunderbird and it worked!  Thanks.  When I try to authenticate as a different
> user

Good.

> Do I have to have an entry in sasldb2 for every user?  Is there any way to get
> it to use pam and shadow?  If not, is there an easy way to synch the system
> password with the sasl password?

Of course, if you use sasldb2 for password storage you will have to
enter each user/password into that database for authentication.

> saslauthd is supposed to be using "shadow" to look up passwords:
>
> It runs as:
>
> /usr/sbin/saslauthd -m /var/run/saslauthd -a shadow

You can't use "shadow" and MD5 mechanisms. If you want to use DIGEST-MD5
or CRAM-MD5 you will have to use auxprop plugin instead.

>   Steve

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.10-1.9_FC2smp
Serendipity 16:52:53 up 17 days, 18:23, load average: 1.14, 0.72, 0.46