Logitech ClickSmart 510 won't mount

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Mon Feb 14 18:09:25 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-13-02 at 07:37 -0500, Paul M. Bucalo wrote:
> I have a Logitech ClickSmart 510 USB camera that will not mount on
> FC3/SELinux/udev. My Handspring Visor and Espon CX-5400 printer work
> fine.
>
> When I plug it in or let the laptop bootup with it attached, the green
> active light on the camera (and indication that a link has been made
> with it) does come on moments after found. A cat
> of /proc/bus/usb/devices shows that the camera is being found. This
> camera is *not* supported in xcam or gphoto2. It will only work in
> GnomeMeeting as a webcam using the experimental spca5xx driver.
>
> I've tried to mount it manually. There is a device node (video0) and
> symlink (video) in /dev, but I can't seem to mount to either. Not sure
> that I have the syntax right. Still, the mystical udev is suppose to
> make this a hands-off mount.
>
> Information on this camera is sparse. Search results were pretty bare.
>
> I need the wewbcam ability, so the camera is already a success. But, it
> would be better if I could mount it as a storage device and copy off the
> pics, too. I really don't need to have GUI access to the camera's memory
> device.
>
> Any ideas on what I have to tweak or do to get this thing mounted?
>
> TIA,
>
> Paul
I have not seen any evidence that you will  be able to download
the pictures stored on the camera. If you can get your hands on
a memory card reader, try to see if you can read the images off
the memory card.

The camera part of my 510 broke after 3 months, now it can only
work as a webcam.

Good Luck.