newbie: 386/686pkgs. yum list pkg name. kde 3.3 on fc2? k3b.

Nat Gross natgross.rentalsystems at verizon.net
Mon Feb 14 18:11:37 UTC 2005

A few newbie questions please.
Hardware 2ghz cpu, 1 gig ram, 80 gig drive.
Synopsis: Currently running fc2 (after Solaris 10 wiped it out, and need
to atone for trying Solaris.), and have the fc3 iso's on drive.
Before losing fc2, I had kde 3.3 and k3b running fine and should have
burned the fc3 iso then, but I didn't.
Now, I re-installed fc2 just to get k3b to burn the fc3 images, and my
oh my, am running in circles. I figured I may as well learn something
with this experience. Please help.

1. In general, do I need xxx386xxx.rpm's or xxx686xxx.rpm's?

2. The list provided by 'Yum list' does not provide the full pkg name.
How do I derive it from the list?

3. On kde.org, they say that [3.3] its for FC3 only, however I am almost
certain that I had it before on FC2. I had K3b on it.

4. How do I use yum to get the absolute latest kde and k3b for fc2?

5. Is there a gui front for yum, like k3b is to cdrecord?

Thank you all.
-nat