kernel compiling advise: FC3/adding source

Paul M. Bucalo pmbuc at pmbservices.com
Mon Feb 14 18:48:26 UTC 2005

I have removed all *but* the most recent kernels from my laptop. This
was before I found out about Fedora's policy of not providing kernel-
source as an RPM. I now need the kernel-source for 2.6.10-1.760_FC3 to
compile some drivers, so which would be best for me now:

1) Install the original kernel that comes with the FC3 distro, boot into
it before compiling against the 2.6.10-1.760_FC3 kernel.src.rpm, or

2) Compile against the 2.6.10-1.760_FC3 kernel.src.rpm right now and
just rename the resulting kernel?

TIA,

Paul