X server refusing remote clients

Douglas Frank frank at zk3.dec.com
Mon Feb 14 19:54:12 UTC 2005

Hopefully this is just another config issue that's not written down
anywhere :-)

On my FC3 box I can e.g. 'oclock -display :0' and it displays as it
should.

However a remote oclock client trying to display back to FC3 e.g.
'oclock -display <IP-adrs>:0' fails with 'Error: Can't open display'

Any ideas?  I've temporarily shut down the firewall and have used both
xhost + and xauth to give the client permissions, nothing is working....

--
Douglas Frank    HP Co.
ZKO              110 Spit Brook Rd.       The older I get,