What is best way to install MySQL 4.1?

John Swartzentruber nospam2 at mcswartz.org
Mon Feb 14 21:34:40 UTC 2005

On 2/14/2005 4:15 PM Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>

>>What will this do to rpms that depend on the mysql-3.23 rpm?
>

> hmm. rebuilding the srpms from the devel tree and doing a rpm -Uvh
> might be a better choice then

I just did a "yum remove mysql.i386", and one of the things that would
have been removed was dovecot! That wouldn't be good.

Can you provide some pointers or more information about rebuilding the
srpms from the devel tree? In my brief experience, I've never dealt with
srpms, only rpms and source. Thanks again for your patience and help.