Linux and Spywares - lack of reading

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Feb 14 21:59:13 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 16:50, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> Gerald Thompson said:
>
> > I know I am probably preaching to the wind here, but its not that I am
> > saying newbies shouldn't ask questions, what I am trying to say is that
> > newbies should take the time to read up a bit first.  Check web sites to
> > see if you can find your answer; even if you can't, at least you will
> > have a better idea of how to ask your question.
>
> Another outstanding resource for newbies is Eric Raymond's essay, "How to
> Ask Questions the Smart Way":

> In my opinion, this ought to be required reading for everyone who asks
> questions on the Internet in any forum, not just for Linux lists.  :)

Has anyone thought that these OT questions and endless rambling threads
may be an act of sabotage?   What better way to mess up a support list
than to deluge it with repeated questions that are OT or easily found
else where.

I am reminded of an old saying:

Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.

Of course there is also the saying:

Don't ascribe to cunning that which can be relegated to stupidity and
ignorance.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

This is a country where people are free to practice their religion,
regardless of race, creed, color, obesity, or number of dangling keys...