ALSA Problems - Trident 4DWave DX

Matt Florido matt at floridonet.com
Tue Feb 15 01:52:02 UTC 2005

Matt Florido wrote:
> Yet another e-mail with an FC3 user experiencing issues with sound.  I
> spent hours yesterday reading through about a year's worth of posts.
> Unfortunately, none of them helped my cause.

[snip...]

Here's the fix.  Remove the POS Trident and proceed to trash can.
Install widely supported SB that FC3 detects as Ensoniq 5880.  Have
Kudzu detect non-POS card and now Alsa is happy...and consequently, Matt!

Now I need to get streaming video/music working with Firefox and
comparable MS Media Player....more fun!

--
Regards,
Matt Florido