SSH: Permission denied (publickey, password, keyboard-interactive)

Andrew Alsup andy at shazam.widge.org
Tue Feb 15 02:37:52 UTC 2005

It appears that my Fedora box had mode 644 set on /dev/tty*.  I found this
out by executing the following:

ssh andy at debian    -- didn't work.
sudo ssh andy at debian     -- works!

After chmod a+rw /dev/tty* everything is working as expected.  Is it pretty
safe to have all the tty devices RW for all?

Thanks for the help,
Andy

"Chadley Wilson" <chadley at pinteq.co.za> wrote in message
news:200502142020.12375.chadley at pinteq.co.za...
> On Monday 14 February 2005 17:09, Andrew Alsup wrote:
> > I'm trying to SSH from one Linux server to another.  I can ssh from
A->B,