Password queries in Nautilus

Johnathan Bailes johnathan.bailes at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 03:05:00 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 02:58:50 +0100, August <fusionfive at comhem.se> wrote:

> I connected to the server with `Nautilus -> File -> Connect to Server'.
> It's an FTP server with login hosted by my broadband provider where I
> update my homepage every now and then. Actually I haven't thought of
> unmounting it and it stays persistent until I unmount it. If I don't
> have it permanently mounted I have to fill in all the information every
> time I have to access it, right?
>
> --
> August

Ok so you just leave it mounted.  Cool.  Yes, unfortunately you would
have to put all the info back in again.  :(

There should be somewhere in Nautilus to hold your Network Connections
like My Network Places in XP.  Ok, it sounds window'ish but its
actually one of the only decent things about XP.

It breaks the spatial model less than doing that File -> Open Location
stuff and it is certainly no fun to re-enter all that info.

Maybe a recent network connections list Down on the bottom part of the
window next to the drop up list on the status bar down bottom that
lets you get back to home or / really quick.

Something would be nice.