Fedora 3 First boot trouble Logging on

Patrick Kenney lvbohemian at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 06:26:47 UTC 2005

I have installed Fedora Core 3, three times now all with the same results, I get to the successful reboot and get prompted with a "(none) logon: " entry with out the quotes...

I checked all the iso's and they all passed...

I took the workstation installation with all the defaults and have tried it with & without the boot loader password...

I used the graphical anaconda install with the default grub boot loader, which seemed intuitive enough, but after the first/initial reboot after the install I enter root at the "(none) logon: " prompt and it just repeats the same entry, no subsequent prompt for a password just keeps repeating the same thing "(none) logon: "

I am running this inside ms virtual pc 2004, Intel P4, 1GB RAM

I am new to linux/fedora and this is my initial learning endeavor.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.