Fedora Core Squid + transperant proxing

Gregory Machin gregory.machin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 07:32:14 UTC 2005

Hi All..

Please could advise ..

I'm running FC 2 , using the squid that comes with it,  and arno's
firewall 1.8.2 .

I'm tyring to configure it as a transperant proxy, I have enabled this
in the firewall config, and added to reqired info into the squid.conf
, but when I nmap my internal ip there in no port 80 ??

The other thing I have noticed is that there are still ports open on
my public IP even though the firewall script says that it has updated
iptables correctly  .. Is there some thin in FC 2 that could be
causing this..

What am i doing wrong

--
Gregory Machin