2.6.10-1.12_FC2 kernel

John Logsdon j.logsdon at quantex-research.com
Tue Feb 15 11:36:56 UTC 2005

I have just yummed updated my FC2 installation and moved from 2.6.5-1.358
to 2.6.10-1.12_FC2.  Except it barfs when I boot with a kernel panic.

The cause is that I have /boot formatted as reiserfs and, unlike the
earlier kernel, it tries to mount /boot as ext2.  I guess reiserfs is
set as a module rather than compiled into the kernel.

Apart from copying /boot over, remaking the filesystem and copying it back
- or recompiling the kernel - what kernel parameters should I give to
ensure that the kernel will load reiserfs before trying to mount /boot?
I have tried simply adding reiserfs to the kernel line in grub but this
doesn't work.  I can't get the module command to work - the module is on a
non-boot partition that is also reiser and since it hasn't loaded reiser,
it can't find it.

Any clues?

TIA

John

John Logsdon                               "Try to make things as simple
Quantex Research Ltd, Manchester UK         as possible but not simpler"
j.logsdon at quantex-research.com              a.einstein at relativity.org
+44(0)161 445 4951/G:+44(0)7717758675       www.quantex-research.com